MCHS Maker Lab

MCHS Maker Lab

Monday, September 8, 2014

Intro to the LilyPad

I had no idea that I would enjoy sewing as much as I did! I found it therapeutic in process and I liked that I had a clear goal to achieve - make the light (LED) go on. The most difficult step for me was threading the needle and making a knot; I forgot that you actually had to tie both ends of the thread together, not make a knot on the needle itself.









Once I did that it was smooth sailing. The hoop made the sewing super easy as the felt was taut allowing me to stitch fairly quickly. 












Essentially I had to do the same thing 2x - 1x connecting the 3 positive pins by way of the thread and 1x connecting the 3 negative pins by way of a SEPARATE piece of thread. When finished, add the battery and...

voila! LIGHT! This is what you will need to do to become certified in the LilyPad - you can do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment